Good morning! This page is intended to both serve as a continuing worship option for those participating in our worship service from home, and to serve in place of print resources during our in-person worship. Following the worship service on Sunday, one or more video recordings from the service will be placed on this page, including the sermon. This may take several hours, due to the time needed to process the videos. We will email the congregation when the recordings have been posted. If you would like to be added to our congregational email list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kids Connect is on Friday evening, 5:30-7:00. Come get some Thanksgiving food and have fun with Thanksgiving activities.
- Next Sunday, November 20, Everyone is invited to bring a token of thanksgiving to be placed in the front of the church. We will present our thanks to God at the beginning of worship. It may be a flower, piece of fruit, a homemade item, a picture, or anything that represents something for which you are thankful. Bring it to worship and take it home that Sunday.
- Hanging of the Greens, Also on November 20 – after worship, Stay for a soup and sandwich lunch then help decorate the church for the Advent and Christmas seasons! There will be a person leading the decorating of each part of the church and we will split into groups under their direction at the end of lunch.There is something for everyone to do. Everyone is encouraged to join in the festivities, no matter your age.
- And one more thing on November 20! The Community Thanksgiving Worship will be at the Weyers Cave Community Center at 7 pm.
- Jimmy Fortune Tickets are now on sale for concerts on December 7 & 8. You can get tickets online, by going to our website, pleasantvalleyalive.org, or by stopping by to see Josh during office hours.
- Backpack Pals are in need of pudding cups, ramen noodles, and we ask that you continue to donate your plastic grocery bags. Thank you!
Sharing Our Gifts
We bring our gifts with gratitude for the opportunity to give. We give thanks to God for the bounty that is ours and for the freedom we have to worship as we choose. We are grateful for the endless choices that are ours to ponder and partake. We bring our gifts with hearts full of thanksgiving.
Galatians 3: 26-29
26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
As we go from worship and into the beauty of this autumn season, may we be reminded that this is a season of harvesting and planting. May we celebrate the goodness and blessings of the harvest as we gather them in and hold them close. And may we also be willing to follow Jesus and participate in the work of planting, of letting go, laying down, and sacrificing that which needs to die so that something new can grow and bear much fruit. Amen.