Good morning! This page is intended to both serve as a continuing worship option for those participating in our worship service from home, and to serve in place of print resources during our in-person worship. Following the worship service on Sunday, one or more video recordings from the service will be placed on this page, including the sermon. This may take several hours, due to the time needed to process the videos. We will email the congregation when the recordings have been posted. If you would like to be added to our congregational email list, please contact email@example.com.
- Karis has reopened at their new location in the old Super Save. Stop by and see our beautiful new store! If you are interested in consigning call the store during business hours to make an appointment. As always, we are looking for new volunteers so if you have a few extra hours and would like to help out talk to Sara Houff or Teri Sumey.
- Jubilee Sunday School Class will be studying Parables of Jesus each Sunday of February and all are invited! If there is a specific Parable you would like to study with Jubilee then please contact Vickie (540-294-3515) and Jubilee Class will be happy to welcome you and study together. If anyone would like to lead the study of a Parable in February then please call as this, too, would be welcome. See you in Sunday School!
- Our church-sponsored Disaster Trip to Dawson Springs, Kentucky is scheduled for September 17-23. If you are interested, please contact Eddie Meyerhoeffer for more information at (540) 255-7366
- The Disaster Auction will be held on May 19-20 at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds! For more information, please pick up an info packet in our narthex, or call Brenda Fawley at (540) 810-2578
- There will be a Deacons’ meeting March 5th, following worship.
- On March 18, 2023, there will be a new fundraiser for the YOUTH of Pleasant Valley. We are hosting “The Big Thank You Dinner” for District Disaster Response Ministry volunteers. The dinner will be 4:00-5:00 pm, with cooking and prep before and clean-up after. Please consider helping in one of the following ways:
- set-up tables, chairs, decorations on Friday March 17.
- Cook food at home to bring in for the dinner.
- Cooking and preparation of some food just before the dinner.
- Serving during the dinner
- Washing dishes and Clean-up
Specifics will be available soon, but if you already know you can help in a certain way, please contact Pastor Rebecca. Thank you for supporting the youth!
O God, as we journey together during these Lenten days, we are looking for direction and guidance. We look to Jesus our guide and counsel. We look to him and seek to follow him more each day.
Let this season of Lent be a powerful experience for us as we seek to grow in faith and discipleship. In Jesus, we pray. Amen.
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
God so loved the world …
That God gave us light.
God so loved the world …
That God gave us God’s son.
God so loved the world …
That God gave us eternal life.
We come to worship…
In the light of God’s love for the world.
Tis So Sweet
God So Loved
Sharing our Gifts
Invitation to Give
Offering It Is Well With My Soul
Presentation Take My Life
Sharing Praises and Prayer Requests
Hymn God Sent His Son
Ministry In Music
Be Thou My Vision
Scripture John 3:1-17
Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”
3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”
4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”
5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d]
9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.
10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[e] 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”[g]
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.