As we are raising funds to replace the roof on our building and make improvements to the east entrance, we are seeking to be a blessing to those around us as well. As a part of this effort, the Church Board has also approved a project to raise funds for 150 CWS Emergency Clean-up Buckets. The buckets will cost us $50 each, for a total of $7,500. Donations may be placed in the example Bucket in the Narthex.
These buckets will be shipped to disaster response locations to aid in clean-up. We will assemble the buckets on June 30 starting at 9:15AM. May God build shelter and safety for those near and far!
Here is what the Emergency Clean-up Buckets include:
- One five-gallon bucket with resealable lid
- Four scouring pads
- Seven sponges, including one large
- One scrub brush
- Eighteen reusable cleaning towels (e.g. Easy Wipes)
- One 50 oz. or two 25 oz. bottle(s) of liquid laundry detergent
- One 16-28 oz. bottle of liquid disinfectant dish soap
- One 12-16 oz. bottle of household cleaner that can be mixed with water (no spray bottles)
- One package of 48-50 clothespins
- Clothesline, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
- Five dust masks
- Two pairs non-surgical, non-latex gloves
- One pair work gloves, cotton with leather palm or all leather
- 24-28 heavy duty or contractor type 30-45 gallon trash bags on a roll and removed from carton
- One 6-9 oz. bottle of non-aerosol insect repellent