Who we are:
Pleasant Valley Church of the Brethren is a welcoming, mission-based congregation located in Weyers Cave, Virginia. Our church has a community focus and a family atmosphere. Outreach arms include a preschool and Karis Gifts of Grace, a retail operation. We strive to follow the teachings of Jesus by living peacefully, simply, together.
What we need:
An enthusiastic, professional, and organized person to fulfill front office and communications responsibilities. A successful candidate is a flexible and independent worker, able to identify and complete tasks without constant supervision. A successful candidate has excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Greet guests, staff and congregational members in a courteous, professional manner on the phone, in person and through email communication during scheduled office hours.
• Prepare documentation for Sunday morning worship including printed bulletins, worship connection web pages, mailings, and slide shows.
• Manage electronic communications, including prayer lists, smartphone app updates, and updates to the church website.
• Prepare newsletters, denomimational reports, church minutes, and other printed documents for congregational use.
• Maintain and organize physical and digital membership directories, congregational contact information, and email lists.
• Provide clerical support to pastors and staff.
• Coordinate use of church facilities. Distribute guidelines and forms, collect fees and applications, schedule dates on church calendar.
• Maintain a tidy and efficient office environment, manage office equipment and supplies.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position averaging 16 to 24 hours per week. Typical work hours will be 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
This job pays $15/hour. 16 hours of annual paid time off is provided after 6 months of employment.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Google suite and Libreoffice
• Web based software skills including WordPress and image editing programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• General knowledge of Church of the Brethren beliefs
Required Educational Experience
• Two years in business environment, as office management or communications assistant is preferred but not required.
To apply please submit a resume through Indeed.com – https://www.indeed.com/job/communicationsoffice-director-d99957b1e300ea13.
Applications will be accepted through October 31, 2020.